mabelle text

mabelle text

Monday, October 14, 2013

Mickey Mouse-themed Cake

For the first time, a request for a cake and cupcake "package" was asked of me... specifically with a Mickey Mouse theme!

I thought about it for a long time!

The "easiest" would be if I found figurines or cake toppers to plop onto the cake but I couldn't find any (in our part of the world the marketplace is limited!).  In my desperation, we even asked a friend abroad if he could find some for us (but he wasn't able to find any too...)

At the last minute (and I do mean just the day before the party!) I was meeting someone in a relatively small mall and while waiting I strolled around... and found a small Mickey Mouse stuffed toy!  Of course I checked its legitimacy and yes!  It was the genuine article... and it was on sale!!!  I bought it!

The concept came together after that.  Cupcakes with Mickey (and friends) candy and logo pick toppers for the bottom and middle layers and a top layer of cake with Mickey Mouse, a spray of flowers at his back, and candles that read "Happy Birthday".  The sides of the cake decorated with mickey logo candies...

The cake was beautiful!!!  but I have to say that the artistry is by hubby - I had the general concept in mind but execution was his - like I said, I have little (very little!) artistic talent.


A close up of the cake with the "happy birthday" candles lit.


It was yummy!!!  I am proud to say that my standard chocolate cake is always good but the bittersweet buttercream (a new recipe for me) was so yummy that hubby could not resist!  He said he would only taste a bit and he ended up finishing the "test" run!

Happy Birthday!


Now someone is asking about a Minnie Mouse-themed cake!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note

Note